D3.8.1 During the Acceleration, Skid-Pad or Autocross Events:
Within the provisions of Rule D3.4 above, teams may change from Dry Tires to Rain Tires or vice versa at any time during those events at their own discretion.
D3.8.2 During the Endurance Event:
Teams may change from Dry to Rain Tires or vice versa at any time while their car is in the staging area inside the "hot" area.
All tire changes after a car has received the "green flag" to start the Endurance Event shall take place in the Driver Change Area.
(a) If the track was "Dry" and is declared D3.8 Tire Changing "Damp":
· Teams may start on either Dry or Rain Tires at their option.
· Teams that are on the track when it is declared "Damp", may elect, at their option, to pit in the Driver Change Area and change to Rain Tires under the terms spelled
out below in "Tire Changes in the Driver Change Area".
(b) If the track is declared "Wet":
· A Red Flag will be shown at the Start/Finish Line and all cars will enter the Driver
· Those cars that are already fitted with "Rain" tires will be allowed re-start without delay subject to D3.8 Tire Changing the discretion of the Event Captain/Chief Marshall.
· Those cars without "Rain" tires will be required to fit them under the terms spelled out below in "Tire Changes in the Driver Change Area". They will then be allowed
to re-start at the discretion of the Event Captain/Chief Marshall.
(c) If the track is declared "Dry" after being "Damp" or "Wet":
· The teams will NOT be required to change back to “Dry” tires.
(d) Tire Changes at Team's Option:
· Within the provisions of Rule D3.4 above and Rule D3.8.2 (b) above, a team will be permitted to change tires D3.8 Tire Changing at their option.
· If a team elects to change from “Dry” to “Rain” tires, the time to make the change will NOT be included in the team’s total time.
· If a team elects to change from “Rain” tires back to “Dry” tires, the time taken to make the change WILL be included in the team’s total time for the event, i.e. it will not be subtracted from the total elapsed time. However, a change from “Rain” tires
back to “Dry” tires will not be permitted during the driver change.
· To make such a change, the following procedure D3.8 Tire Changing must be followed:
o Team makes the decision,
o Team has tires and equipment ready near Driver Change Area,
o The team informs the Event Captain/Chief Marshall they wish their car to
be brought in for a tire change,
o Officials inform the driver by means of a sign or flag at the checker flag station,
o Driver exits the track and enters the Driver Change Area in the normal manner.
(e) Tire Changes in the Driver Change Area:
· Per Rule D8.11.2, no more than three people for each team may be present in the Driver Change Area D3.8 Tire Changing during any tire change, e.g. a driver and two crew or two drivers and one crew member.
· No other work may be performed on the cars during a tire change.
· Teams changing from "Dry" to "Rain" tires will be allowed a maximum of ten (10)
minutes to make the change.
· If a team elects to change from "Dry" to "Rain" tires during their scheduled driver change, they may do so, and the total allowed time in the Driver Change Area will be thirteen (13) minutes.
· The time spent in the driver change area of less than 10 minutes without D3.8 Tire Changing driver change, or 13 minutes with driver change, will not be counted in the team's total time for the event. Any time in excess of these times will be counted in the team's
total time for the event.
ARTICLE 4: DRIVER LIMITATIONS D4.1 Three Event Limit
An individual team member may not drive in more than three (3) events.
D4.1.1 The Fuel Efficiency Event is considered a separate event although it is conducted simultaneously with the Endurance Event.